Monday, June 6, 2011

First Day at Uni!

So I haven't blogged the past few days, but I'm back.

Today was my first day of work at Universal Republic. The day started off with my first solo subway ride. To get to the office, I take either the N or the R train, which is super easy to remember because they're my initials! I got on right outside my apartment and took it a few stops uptown. I had time, so I hit up Starbucks for my morning Venti Passion Iced Tea (or as a friend recently put it-- got my PT on).

I got in the elevator and headed up to the 8th (top) floor. It was very cool and there were caricature signed paintings of artists all over the wall. Once I got in, I met my boss Angela. She was super nice and super cool. She gave me a quick tour of the 3 man publicity department and where I'd be sitting. Then I met the other intern Lizzy, who is my age and has been interning throughout the spring semester. Thankfully, a lot of the programs and such are the same as at UMe so I think I'm pretty well prepared. We spent most of the day printing out clippings and filing them and arranging them on the bulletin board.

We headed out a little past 6:30 and I got back to my apartment and was completely pooped. I had to regain my energy though, because I had dinner plans with my friend Josh. We didn't know where to go and couldn't find anything walking around, so we ended up walking towards uptown and had dinner at a cute place right across from Bloomies. Side note-- what I find amazing is that Bloomingdales here closes at 8:30 (7:30 on Sunday)! That's barely (if at all) later than it is open in LA. Even the Forever 21 and H&M on my block are open later than that. Josh and I walked back to my apartment (where he got a cab to NYU-- that would have been an intense walk!) and took a detour through Times Square to scout out the Conde Nast building to make sure I knew where I was going tomorrow morning.

Hopefully I'll have some great stuff to say about Teen Vogue tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment