Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mediocre Macy's

I felt soooo touristy taking this pic!
In LA, Macy's is not the place to go. In terms of department stores, I'm all about Bloomie's, Neiman's, Nordstrom and Saks. They just have better selections. That is unless we're talking about the Macy's in Fashion Square in the valley which has the best shoe department EVER!!! But I definitely had high hopes for the Macy's across from my apartment. I mean it is THE Macy's. Hello Miracle on 34th St. The sign even says it's "the world's largest store." I have to admit I was let down a bit: this shopping trip did not live up to my expectations. I would have said underwhelmed, but that would not be appropriate because I was most certainly overwhelmed by how massive it is. I think the size was definitely an issue: I had major issues navigating the store. There was no directory. I also think that while I was shopping some floors seemed so small that I must have missed sections entirely. Also, there is no one helping customers anywhere besides the cashiers at registers. I found a few things I liked and tried them on and ended up with one purchase: A Matthew Williamson for Macy's (I know, right!!!) blouse.

Then came the shoe department. Again, super high hopes. As I said, valley Macys' shoes could easily rival any high end department store's. First of all, there weren't any great shoes. Second, the place was a zoo. Soo many people! It was impossible to find a sales person and once I did and she scanned the barcode of my selections (a practice new to me, but it seems like a good/efficient idea), it took over 10 minutes for her to call out my name signaling me to come to the register and get my sizes. I needed to try on a smaller size, but I decided waiting for the 7.5 just wasn't worth it and peaced out.

That place is so big I almost couldn't find my way out, but between my 2 trips I figured out to look for the Louis Vuitton section (it's definitely a high end Macy's) which is right next to the 34th St exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment