Saturday, June 11, 2011

Music Music Music

First off, I didn't post a pic of my outfit because a) people seem less concerned with what I wear when I'm not surrounded by fashion industry big-shots and more importantly b) because it wasn't that cute: a blue Free City tee, the same navy shorts and beige bag, a Missoni scarf, and nude and mustard color-blocked sandals.

I know I advertise my Vogue internship more than my Universal one, which is unfair. I really love both of them, I think that it's just that Vogue is something I've always dreamed of and something completely different from what I've done in the past.

The day was very music oriented... that sounds obvious, but I mean not just writing/researching artists, but also listening to them. First I discovered my love for Dev. Dev is a Uni Republic artist who is featured in "Like A G6" (aka my favorite party jam aka the song that taught me the valuable lesson that "slizzard is the new crunk"... well I guess that was Gillian too) and "Backseat."Her already released singles are great, but as an 80's music junkie, I'm super excited about her cover of "99 Red Balloons" which is actually amazing. Check her out, seriously. (See how good I am at publicity?)

There was also an artist showcase where an artist who wants to get signed comes in and performs. I think his name was Cameron James (definitely Cameron something... I think). I actually really liked him, the songs were cool and catchy, but more importantly he was cute. We'll see if the execs liked him as much as I did.

Lastly, I got to take home a copy of the Lonely Island's latest CD which was great. LOVE that there are posters of the ADORABLE Andy Samberg all over the office (it's no working next to GQ, but it should get points with Mom because at least I'm crushing on a good Jewish boy).

No comments:

Post a Comment