Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Moving In

My first day in the city. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when it came to my apartment, but I was pleasantly surprised. First thing I noticed was all the surrounding stores. For a minute, the snob in me came out and I was a bit disappointed by the Gap and Banana Republic and Macy's on the block and the lack of higher end shops-- but let's face it, I'd go broke and the designer displays would just be rubbing in my face all the luxury I couldn't afford. Of course, I'm also directly surrounded by some of my favorite shops: Zara, H&M, and Forever 21! And, I'm right next door to the Empire State Building. I only became interested in  going to the observation deck when I remembered that it was the meeting place for Blair and Chuck in the Gossip Girl season 3 finale- maybe living in New York will make me more Blair and I'll find my real life Chuck? *sigh* My building itself is really nice and the apartment is a nice size. Surprisingly, there was plenty of room for my stuff, even with my roomie already moved in. I finally met Zoe (my roommate)... she's adorable and nice and gave me the lowdown on Vogue and Conde Nast. My dad took me out to dinner and the night ended on the most amazing note possible in New York City -- frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity... so yummy (#nomnomnom). Can't wait to shop and check out the city with Chelsea tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment