Saturday, June 11, 2011

Heat Wave

Day 2

First let me say that the weather on Thursday had me believing that Harold Camping's rapture prediction HAD come true and as Blake so cutely said "we ain't goin up because we're Jews" and I was left in hell (which is the only place I could imagine this weather being possible). It was 99 degrees and of course humid. GROSS! I miss dry old California!

I probably wore too many layers, but unfortunately I'm a major proponent of "fashion over comfort." I wore the hot pink American Apparel crop top I bought for my Whora the Explorer (for the adults out there, please replace "Whora" with "Dora") Halloween costume, a Elizabeth & James skirt and a Missoni scarf (thanks Claud!). I wore Chanel studs (one of which fell out later, but I luckily found) and some silver bangles. I wore a cool old shell and bead embellished bag (thanks again, Claud) and my new favorite Steve Madden espadrille heels (I felt more at home in heels). I knew my hair would be drenched (I know, ew) by the end of the day, so I put it in a pony.

It was so hot, I must have downed 10 glasses of water in the first hour I was there. The worst part was that I forgot something at home so during my lunch break I had to bear the devil weather and walk the 8 blocks to my apartment and back. Then I waited in the longest line at Starbucks for the refreshing Venti Passion Iced-Tea I was in desperate need of.

By night it was majorly storming. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WEATHER???!!!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment